Cut Up/Cut Out, an exhibition of local, national, and international artists who explore the captivating methods of decorative piercing and cutting, using a wide range of media from paper and plastic to metal and rubber. The transformative nature of cutting into and through a surface provides endless possibilities for converting the material from opaque to transparent, from flat to sculptural, from rigid to delicate, and from ordinary to exquisite. The process and precision required for this method of art-making is laborious, technically demanding, and always astonishing. Organized by the Bedford Gallery, Cut Up/Cut Out will travel nationally through 2020.
- Ellen Noel Art Museum, TX July 19th - October 4th 2018
- Foosaner Art Museum, FL November 10th - February 3rd 2019
- Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum, WI March 2nd - May 26th 2019
- Amarillo Museum of Art, TX July 6th - September 15th 2019
- Art Museum of W.VA University, WV October 12th - December 8th 2019
- Lamont Gallery at P. Exeter Academy, NH January 14th - March 7th 2020
- Massillon Museum, OH April 4th - August 23rd 2020
- Carnegie Arts Center, CA September 18th - January 3rd 2021
Beauty of the Wild, featuring paper works by artists Carol Ann Wachter and Simone Lourenço, this upcoming exhibit celebrates beauty and color- a true feast for the eyes. It will open on September 20th, under the harvest moon. See you there!
- Carol Ann Wachter Art Objects * 4593 North Broadway Boulder,CO 80304 tel.(646) 244-6463 *